After watching the game against the Bengals,
I noticed some very disturbing aspects that I've noticed seem to transfer over year in and year out:
1) Inconsistent play: Playing good for 1 or 2 quarters while playing like garbage the other 2 to 3 quarters
2) Lack of WRs production: Although Massaquoi had some good catches, there was little sign of Little (Targeted a few times, no catches, ran into Cribbs on the Punt return basically ending the threat), no sign of Robiskie
3) Dropped passes: Ben Watson had a few passes that he should have caught as did Evan Moore and several of our WRs
4) Defense: Play good for most of the game but due to the inconsistent play of the offense eventually wears down
5) RBs: Why is there such a disportunate amount of rushes up the middle? Also why do they decide to rush when everybody is expecting it?
6) Playcalling: Good god, it reminded me too much of Brian Daboll.
7) Confusion: The 3rd and 12 play on which Gradkowski (spelling?) hit AJ Green was again one of those head scratchers on which the D looked unprepared.
8) Blowing a lead: This has happened numerous times over the seasons since the return in '99. I don't know if it's a lack of talent, a lack of coaching, or a combination of the 2.
9) Coaching: I've seen this several times before since '99 as there have been several instances of being outcoached as no adjustments are made (Chris Palmer, Butch Davis, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini). Hopefully this trend doesn't continue with Pat Shurmur.
Sometimes it's hard being a Browns fan, but one of these days the Browns will no longer be the Clowns we're so accustomed to watching.